Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wonton Ravioli from my kitchen to yours:

I can't believe I just made ravioli using bought Wonton Wraps! 

 My brother who really likes to cook suggested I might like to try making my homemade ravioli  filling and using refrigerated Wonton Wraps. I said "You have got to be kidding, no way would I waste my wonderful ravioli filling using the dough from a Wonton".  Truth be told I couldn't get myself to the store to find them fast enough(They were in the refrigerated section, by the refrigerated salad dressing).  Saving time is a nice thought but did I ever think my hubby or I would like them. Not in a million years but it was worth a try I figured.

To my hubby's surprise he really liked them.  I did too!  I wouldn't do this on a regular basis because homemade dough is surely better but for a short cut when your craving some Italian, try Chinese Wonton Wraps!  I can't stop laughing! Who would have thunk it?  It definitely worth a try.  There were 48 individual wraps!  I made all 48 and froze 24.  Hubby said for the little amount of effort he was game.  He made two! I have to agree though they were very easy and with my homemade sauce I'd say this idea is a keeper.

Note:  I am sure cheese filling can be easily substituted.

Here is the meat ravioli filling recipe: You may adjust recipe for smaller amount.

1 /1/2 lb. pkg. veal, beef and pork
1 tbsp. oil
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp.salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
1/2 cup.Italian grated cheese
1/1/4 cups bread crumbs
1 egg well beaten

Fry meat in oil..add salt, pepper, and chopped onion. Cook until browned..add cooked spinach..Cook several minutes then take off stove add cheese, breadcrumbs and egg..Mix well until blended..



I made the whole package 48 wraps and froze 24.

Moisten all around wrap with water and seal.  That's all there is to it!

I brought water to a boil, let them boil for just a few minutes and remove from heat drain.

Top with your favorite sauce


Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.


No comments: