Saturday, August 31, 2024

Chocolate layer Cake with bananas









This cake was my Dads favorite.

 Chocolate layer cake with bananas.I fudged it using a one box Devils food cake mix.( mom would make her scratch cake).  I’m good to myself taking less steps if I can and truly it’s always delicious..

2 - 9”round cake pans. Spray bottom generously .Follow recipe on box for cake.


Make a small amount of butter cream icing to separate the layers and hold the banana. Powered sugar , tablespoon or two of milk and a little softened butter.  Best well.  Make it on the thick side. 
Use one thinly sliced banana .  If you use too many bananas it may tip the cake so be careful of placement of bananas.
Whipped cream topping 1pint heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract and 4 tablespoons powdered sugar. Best until
Thick and not watery. Spread evenly on cake and garnish with baking cocoa if desired.

Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate leftovers(if there are any) DELICIOUS!

While hubby was watching Penn State football.  I was busy making fresh Sunday sauce and a chocolate layer cake with sliced bananas in the center.  ( I put a little vanilla cream icing on the cake before I add the bananas)Nothing but the best on top freshly whipped cream.  
Our son is coming over tomorrow to help us a bit so his reward is this meal with a super nice summer salad.

Hope you are all
enjoying the day!






No comments: