Thursday, December 28, 2023

Pork chops n potatoes






Tonight’s meal had to be the easiest to make and it took about an hour from start to finish to serve it.

I browned in vegetable oil 4 thinly sliced boneless pork chops.  While they were slowly cooking I peeled and sliced a huge Idaho potato super thin.  I covered the sliced potatoes in salted water and microwaved them for about 10 minutes .  By the time the potatoes were done the chops were browned ( I seasoned with salt and pepper).





I added 1\2 can of cream of chicken soup to my baking dish, layered the cooked and drained potatoes on top of the lightly browned pork chops . Added some water to the other half of the can of cream of chicken soup ,stirred to mix it and poured it over the potatoes.  Covered the baking dish and baked about 45 to 55 minutes.

Hubby had coleslaw with his.  I had thin green beans with mine.  Delicious!  Ps I never have cream of chicken soup handy but by George I had a can and it was still 2024 dated!!👍




 


 

No comments: