Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Fruit Bundt cake



This was my first attempt at making a fruit cake.



It’s delicious but….my pan wasn’t greased and floured enough so 1/2 of the top stuck. Uggh so make sure you grease and flour it heavy.

I thought I was using the right amount of fruit but it appears this particular fruit mix was chopped so fine you can barely see the fruit. Uggh



Please go to bottom of recipe for my notes.

Here’s the recipe:

8 oz. Extra fancy fruit cake mix
1cup Butter softened
2cups granulated sugar
2 tsp. Baking powder
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp. Salt
4 large eggs
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1cup cranberry juice
4 oz. Red glacé cherries
4 oz. glacé cherries

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 325°

Generously Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.

Combine extra fancy fruit cake mix with 1/2 cup water. Microwave one minute. Set aside.

Beat butter and softened sugar in a stand mixer until smooth.  If you don’t have one use what you have. I’m sure it will come out fine.

Beat baking powder, vanilla extract and salt

Best in eggs one at a time scraping side of bowl. Slowly beat in flour and cranberry juice a little at a time.

Stir in fruit mix and its liquid and the cherries .

Transfer batter to well greased Bundt pan.

Bake 80 to 90 minutes rotating pan half way through baking time.

Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 15 minutes. Loosen edges and reverse pan onto cooling rack.  Sprinkle with powered sugar once cake is completely cooled.

****Notes

I did some substitutions in this recipe.

I used pineapple juice instead of cranberry.

My fruit and cherry mix were a little under 16 oz.

I cut sugar back to 1 1/2 cups.

I cut salt back to 1 tsp.

 I used a dark Bundt pan so decreased baking time to 80 minutes.  Watch your oven.  Everyone’s is different.

Since I didn’t gave cranberry juice I used pineapple juice so my cake is much lighter in color.

Enjoy!  It’s a very good cake with a nice texture.  I served it tonight with coffee and conversations with a friend.

Ps.  I managed to patch it up so I was able to hide the top that was pieced . 






No comments: