Thursday, September 22, 2022

Cavolfiore sauce with chicken


My version of Barbara’s ( one of our”We like to bake and cook group” foodies cavolfiore  sauce .  I used steamed riced cauliflower and sauté chicken with my homemade marinara but it was all her ingredients .


***( substitute your favorite Jar sauce if you like)

She used steamed cauliflower florets and anchovies whereas I
do not like anchovies so I substituted chicken,

The cauliflower had a slight crunch which both hubby and I enjoyed.  Served over spaghetti!

I will make it again!

1/2 bag riced cauliflower or 1/2 bag cauliflower florets ( steamed)
1/2 diced large onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 quart marinara sauce 
Olive oil
2 thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts 

Sauté chicken in olive oil with salt and pepper in a medium skillet.  Just cook enough to slightly brown on each side then take off heat and place a lid on the chicken to finish cooking with heat off.

Note; I have found my chicken to be very tender using this method.

Place slight amount of oil in pan.  When oil starts to sizzle add diced onion and allow to sweat.  Add garlic and stir.  Add steamed cauliflower and sauce stirring continuously .

While sauce is simmering cook spaghetti to desire tenderness.  Drain.
Reserving 1/2 pasta water.
Toss with sauce, pasta water if sauce is too thick and top
With Parmesan and  freshly chopped basil.

Delicious!














No comments: