Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Fresh Vegetable Seasoned rice







I love rice……so when I saw this recipe I knew It would be a must sooner than later.

Good as a side dish or as A rice /veggie lover a meal.

NOTE:  ***I used spice sparingly because I had never used (marjoram )before in a recipe.  I googled it’s flavor before I added it! I liked it.

It would be great with chicken , fish or pork.

Enjoy!


1 tablespoon oil
1 onion shredded
2 garlic cloves minced
***1 large carrot( cut in small cubes) or grate on large side of grater)
***1 small bell pepper( I used variegated)
***1 small zucchini ( I grated mine large side of grater with skin on)
1 cup long-grain rice
***2 tomatoes   (small cubes)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
***½ teaspoon dry marjoram( I used 3 sprinkles)
2 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper
Chop the onions and the garlic very finely. Heat the oil in a pot and cook the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. While the onions are cooking, cut the carrot into thin slices or half slices. Slice the pepper and the zucchini as well. Add the vegetables to the pot and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add the washed and drained rice and stir for a couple of minutes. In the meantime, chop the tomatoes into small cubes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, sweet paprika, and marjoram to the pot stir well. Add broth and some pepper. Cover and let cook on low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked to your liking.




 Notes:   I added chopped tomato and zucchini  last to the cooked rice before serving.

***Adapted from Where is my spoon 




No comments: