Wednesday, June 22, 2022

New recipe for Turkey chili



I know it’s hot but thankfully we are comfortable inside.  I am making Turkey chili with every possible seasoning I thought might work.  My hubby turns his nose at Turkey anything except Thanksgiving where he’ll eat it.

Just a few of what I added to the lean but not too lean Turkey.

Fried it in a little vegetable oil.  Then I added a little powdered ranch dressing, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and lots of pepper and a splash of Franks hot sauce.  2 -15 oz. Cans tomatoes which I put in processor and one can rinsed light kidney beans..  

It looks good.  Smells good.  We’ll see what he says.  It certainly is way different than the regular way I usually make chili and this Turkey is really fine so 🤞.  I’ll let you know MY opinion later.  HIS too!
***Our opinion this concoction I created was delicious!






Ingredients:

I lb. Ground lean Turkey 
Onion powder
Garlic powder
chili powder
Cumin
Salt
Lots of pepper
2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing or 1/2 package (approximate)
Several Splashes Frank's hot sauce 
1-4 oz. Can tomato sauce
2-14.5 oz. Diced tomatoes ( pulsed in food processor)
1-14.5 ox. Can light kidney beans ( drained)

I don’t have exact measurements other than tomatoes but you can just judge how you like food seasoned.

I think Turkey needs a good mix of seasonings.  My regular beef chili only calls for basic chili, salt and pepper.

Heavy hand amounts for great flavor!

Enjoy!


No comments: