Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Low fat Rice Pudding

Fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon too


I thought it couldn’t be done.  At least that’s what I’ve been told as a young adult but now I’m thinking a lot depends  on what recipe is being used.

This recipe I adapted from a foodie that was posted on the Martha Stewart web site.

It really turned out delicious and very creamy too.

Enjoy!

***FYI:  I MADE 1/2 RECIPE SO IF MAKING A HALF RECIPE ADJUST INGREDIENTS. Ps.  I used two(2) eggs . 1/2 cup rice, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 cups milk,1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract, sprinkle of cinnamon.  

****NOTE:  the first step took much longer than recipe says.  
  • ***In a large saucepan, combine rice and 5 cups milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 15 to 17 minutes.**45 minutes for me.

  • Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla, cardamom, and remaining cup milk. Slowly pour egg mixture into rice mixture; cook over medium-low, stirring constantly, until pudding coats the back of a spoon, 3 to 5 minutes.

  • Remove from heat; stir in raisins. Pour pudding into a 6-quart casserole dish or large bowl; let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 3 days). Serve pudding garnished with more raisins and cardamom.

    Adapted Martha Stewart





No comments: