Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Spanish rice style chicken







This a food network recipe that I adapted and added my touch.

I’m sure the original recipe is good but i really think mine is
Better!

I will put an asterisk *where I added my touch.







**In a large skillet over medium heat prepare rice according to package directions, using the butter/margarine to brown the vermicelli and rice to a golden brown. Add the water, chicken, salsa and tomatoes and bring all to a boil. Cover skillet, reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.

My directions
Lightly  brown chicken in butter with salt and pepper.

Once browned add Spanish rice packet, water and tomatoes
*^Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar

Stir and allow to simmer until rice is almost all absorbed.

**Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Delicious
Serve immediately!








No comments: