Friday, July 30, 2021

Pork cutlets

Several years ago when we were in Florida I shopped local and  they had pork cutlets packaged for sale and were delicious. 

Today I decided it was time to make some for our dinner.

Recipe as follows;


I lb. pork tenderloin (cut in medium size slices)
2eggs beaten 
1  1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Salt and pepper. 
Vegetable oil as needed 

Directions:

Using a mallet I pounded (scored) both sides of the pork until the patties were thin.

In a bowl place eggs, salt and pepper. Whisk well.

 Dip the pork cutlets in beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper and then into the breadcrumbs to coat pork well.. (My  breadcrumbs were seasoned with Romano cheese too). 

In a large skillet add a few tablespoons vegetable oil.

 Place cutlets in pan and fry until lightly browned. If needed add a little more vegetable oil.

 The green beans were from my friends garden so I cooked the beans and potatoes until tender.  Drain and add minced garlic , olive oil and a little dried parsley.

Since I was in the mood to cook I made candied sweet potatoes too which really complimented this meal.

Note:  My mom always made candied sweet potatoes with her pork chops. 

They are yummy cold too!  I had a leftover pork cutlet for lunch (cold) yummy!

Note*** you can also use boneless pork chops for this recipe. ENJOY!

FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS,



No comments: