Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Crockpot steak Pizzaiola, my way

New photos of Steak Pizzaiola 10/9/2023

Gold mashed potatoes , pizzaiola garnished with pecorino Romano and mozzarella.  Side of buttered baby broccoli.  Yummy!

Round steak was used today for the meal.




A good recipe I created today with a pound of thick cube steak I had in my freezer.

Thaw meat or microwave on quick defrost.

***Note:for this recipe a cheaper cut of meat can be used.

Approximately 1pound round steak cut in medium size pieces.I.  
1 medium onion sliced thin 
Olive oil 
Chopped fresh basil (dried can be substituted)
Chopped fresh parsley(dried can be substituted)
1/2 tsp. Dried oregano ( I don’t care for it but if you do that’s your choice)
2or 3 minced garlic cloves 
Salt
Black or red pepper( ***if you like a bite to your sauce use red pepper)
1 -28 oz. can purée or crushed tomatoes

1.  Sauté onion in oil until it starts to brown and caramelize slightly.  Add minced garlic and cook slowly.  Toss basil and parsley into mixture slowly.  Remove from heat and place in a small dish.

2.  In the same pan you cooked the onion/garlic add the 4 (approximately)medium pieces of steak.  Cook on medium heat with some salt until slightly browned on each side.

3.  Add browned steak to crockpot.  Top with onion, garlic, basil, parsley mixture on top of steak and add tomatoes.



4.  Set crockpot heat on low and allow to cook approximately 6 hours or until steak is tender.

Serve over pasta or as I did smashed potatoes.  We had steamed Brussel Sprouts as our side.

Enjoy!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make this. I love crockpot recipes!