Saturday, January 2, 2021

Butter beans and ham

Hi:  

I love any type beans but butter beans are my favorite so after seeing a picture on my “We like to bake and cook group Facebook page I asked my foodie friend for her recipe. She happily obliged.

Below is her recipe.  My shortcut recipe is listed after her recipe.  You choose what recipe is best for you.




Here’s the original recipe.


Ingredients:
 1 Onion
 1/2 Stick of butter
 ham or bacon
 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. of beans
 Salt and Pepper (to taste)
 2 Goya Ham flavored concentrate
 Water (enough to cover)
Preparation:
1. Sauté onions in butter
2. Add salt and pepper
3. Add ham or bacon saute
4. Add beans
5. Add water enough to cover
7. Add Ham flavoring
8. Cook until beans are tender on low

***Here’s my shortcut recipe:





I - can Butter beans ( drained slightly)
1/2 cup chicken broth
I small onion grated
2T butter
1/4 cup ham diced
Pinch salt and several punches of cracked pepper 

Melt butter and diced onion in medium saucepan .
Sauté until onion is tender and translucent.  Add chicken broth.  Add diced ham and butter beans.  Cook on low heat for several minutes and serve.  Enjoy!

Yummy!







No comments: