Thursday, September 17, 2020

Sausage cream and Orecchiette soup







Hi and a very good day to everyone.

Hubby made himself a huge bowl and went to the store especially for crusty rolls.  I guess this will be on his favorite list of soup to make again.


My foodie friend Meredith Merriner made this soup and shared her recipe with me.  I made it to my liking.

 She used a few more spices than I did but my sausage had such wonderful flavor I felt it wasn’t needed. So yummy!


The below was my adaption of Meredith's version of this recipe.

1 lb. lean Italian loose sweet sausage
1 - 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1-32 oz. container beef broth
1- 14.5 can beef broth
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup orecchiette pasta (cook pasta according to directions before adding to soup)
8  oz. cream cheese ( softened)
8 oz. sour cream 
2 cups fresh spinach ( I used frozen washed and pressed) it equaled I cup)

In a medium Dutch oven sauté sausage until lightly browned.  Add beef broth, and crushed tomatoes.  Allow to cook until the broth starts to come to a light boil. *** Note:Add cooked Orecchiette AFTER  you have whisked in cream cheese and sour cream and continue to cook at a slow boil. . Add spinach right before serving.


Here’s is Meredith’s recipe.

I tweaked the Tortellini-Spinach Soup and used ground sausage and Orecchiette for this dish...It smells and tastes amazing! I used 2lb browned ground sausage, 2 cartons of organic beef broth, Penzey’s garlic powder, pepper, pink Himalayan salt, Herbs deProvence from “The Strip,” 2-29 oz cans of crushed tomatoes, one container of sour cream, one block of cream cheese, a 5 oz bag of spinach leaves, and 2 cups of Orechetti pasta, also from “The Strip.”

Thank you Meredith (our foodie group friend).

Come join we love to have you be part of our Facebook group..

It’s called "We like to bake and cook group"!





No comments: