Monday, August 3, 2020

Easy cabbage

Repeat performance!




This time I sautéed meat and onion first in pan and then continued in crockpot on low about 4 hours.


I was up early and seem to be moving at a good pace so here’s what’s for dinner in my crockpot.

1 lb. ground lean pork ( you can use beef)
1 whole sweet onion sliced thin
1/2 head cabbage sliced thin.
Salt and pepper.
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce

In a medium pan place 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.  Add ingredients(except  tomato sauce) and brown slightly.  After pork is browned place in crockpot. Place sliced cabbage over pork and then tomato sauce.  Cook on low 4 to 6 hours









I use pork because my grandmother used pork as my mother.  It’s basically piggies in the blanket or stuffed cabbage done in the crockpot.



Delicious!  I ate my dinner as shown.  *** for my hubby I  cooked a small amount of rice and topped it with the cabbage.  Optional:  fresh bread and butter to dip it the delicious flavored juice.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

Michelle Jagodzinsk said...

I love this! Where in NEPA are you from? I grew up in Wilkes-Barre, I found you from googling Missouri casserole then found Wimpies in you blog, immediate ❤️ Thanks for all your amazing recipes!!!

M. J. Vitelli said...

I'm from Pittston, Pa. Originally from Exeter. Now living in Pittsburgh. Pa So happy you are enjoying my recipes.