Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Fresh peach salad

Don’t let anyone fool you.. Making a good salad is time consuming but worth it.

While peaches are in season this is a great summer meal.  I added lightly sautéed chicken breasts to it to fill our tummmy!

Hubby and I loved it and I will make it again.


I adapted this salad to my liking as noted.




1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 shallot, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
1/2 cup candied pecans ( I toasted walnuts with a little brown sugar)**
4 ounces smoked Gouda, crumbled into small pieces( I cut slices into shoestring pieces)**
5 ounces baby arugula( I used Fresh Romaine lettuce)**

Served along with a sautéed chicken breast.**

Served two.





  1. Add the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard to a jar with a lid. Add the shallot and season with salt and pepper. Close the jar and shake until combined. (See Cook's Note.)
  2. Layer the romaine, pecans, peaches and Gouda on a large plate. Pour the dressing over the top, then toss until everything is coated.  Serve immediately. 
Enjoy!

Cook’s Note

Dressing can be made 1 day in advance and kept refrigerated in an airtight container.





No comments: