Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Baked oatmeal reduced calories


This recipe is similar to my recipe I posted some years ago.  I decided to try cutting back on amounts and using substitutions for some ingredients.  I will note Changes with an *.


2 cups gluten free oatmeal( it’s all I had)*
2 eggs
4 T melted butter*
4oz. Unsweetened applesauce*
2 cups milk( 2%)*
I tsp. Vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp. Baking powder*
Pinch salt
4 T brown sugar*( you can use Splenda)

Fresh berries of choice.
Cinnamon optional

Spray baking dish.  My baking dish was 10x6 x2
Note:  I knew this baking dish would work.  You can use whatever size but if the dish is too large it will bake quicker and imo not be as fluffy.

Place eggs, cooled melted butter , applesauce, vanilla , brown sugar, salt and milk in a deep bowl and whisk until blended.  Add dried oatmeal and mix until all oatmeal is wet.

Spray pan with cooking spray. Slowly pour oatmeal mixture into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.

Bake Uncovered 375 for approximately 25 minutes.  Remove from oven spoon Or cut into squares and serve with a little milk and berries or just berries as I did.

Enjoy!






No comments: