Sunday, June 14, 2020

Red sauce with Beef cubes

  • Please note: Blogger has changed so it seems I been having some difficulty posting my posts and photos. My intention was to mostly post on this site but unfortunately the new format makes it very difficult to post from my iphone.

  • Check out my Group on Facebook ( We like to bake and cook group)and I'll try to keep you undated. Feel free to email me at mjkitchenjoy@gmail.com I am here to assist you.

  • Thanks again. M.j. aka the I Like to Bake and Cook Lady as I was named by a young viewer. Happy Baking and Cooking!







Yesterday I made my homemade sauce with beef cubes. (Simple explanation. Freezer broke so I had to use some items. One being beef stew meat).
I never had done this before and the meat and sauce were quite delicious.
It was approximately 1 lb. lean beautiful beef.
I browned the meat in a pot on top of stove with a small thinly sliced onion in olive oil. After the both were lightly browned I added 2 generous (Large)cloves of garlic sliced very thin. ( I usually use my garlic mincer).
I cooked everything a little longer ( I didn’t drain the meat because it was super lean)and then added all to my crockpot along with 1 large 28 oz. can Tuttorosso crushed tomatoes and 1-15 oz can organic tomato sauce , 1 tsp. Dried basil, and a little extra salt and pepper.
We were busy all day so it cooked from 9 am until about 5 on low. The meat was tender and the sauce was awesome. Every crockpot is different so you should check the meat periodically for tenderness.
I cooked 1 lb. small rigatoni (Delallo brand)until a’dente. We don’t care for overcooked pasta.
Here’s a picture of the sauce and what was left of the pasta. I did separate some plain to make a quick alfredo sauce just in case. Note: the red sauce was so awesome I should have used all the pasta with the red.
House smelled great and of course don’t forget the Pecorino!!!




No comments: