Saturday, June 13, 2020

Shrimp linguine in a rose’ marinara sauce

Hi everyone:

My recipes are usually posted right after I make them.  Most times I don't use an actual  recipe but when I know someone may want to duplicate it I measure everything to be accurate.

Today's Meal took under an hour from start to finish to complete and both hubby and I enjoyed it.

It's similar to shrimp scampi but with added tomatoes or as today jar sauce.  

I really like this brand and I find it at Costco in bottles of two.  It's very close to my home made and I use whenever I need a jar sauce in a pinch.

Just a note:  I find sauteeing the shrimp before adding the sauce for a few minutes in the butter, garlic mixture to give a bit more flavor to this recipe.  Just remember to not overcook this recipe.  It's easy and using already cooked and thawed shrimp works perfectly.

Enjoy!

Note 2.

I'm using fresh grated parmesan cheese in this recipe and I like it.  It's a switch because I usually use Pecorino Romano.  

The recipe is as follows:
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large clove minced garlic
1 tsp. Dried parsley
1/4 cup heavy cream
1-24 oz. Victoria brand marinara sauce
1 lb. Medium deveined shrimp
1lb. Linguine pasta cooked according to directions (a’dente)

In a large size pan place olive oil and butter.  Allow butter to incorporate into oil.  Add minced garlic and parsley.  Sauté until garlic starts to sizzle slightly.  Add shrimp and cook for a minute or two.  Add marinara and cook several minutes more. Add heavy cream and stir until blended.  Toss with drained linguine and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.  Serve with a tossed vinaigrette salad.

Enjoy!


My hubby set the table.  He certainly knows short cuts...





No comments: