Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Cherry bars cookies


This is a Betty Crocker recipe I adapted to my liking.

I didn’t have raspberries but had fresh cherries.

I didn’t have a cookie mix so I made my own.

That’s what is all about on some days and fortunately this recipe came out delicious!

Yummy!









Cookie Base ( Betty’s recipe) 

***Note:  if using Betty Crocker recipe temperature for baking crust is different than my recipe.

1
pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
1
tablespoon finely grated lemon

** NOTE:  I used my own cookie base recipe ( M. J. Recipe)

1 stick softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp.. Vanilla extract

Using a hand or stand mixer beat above ingredients.  It will form a soft ball.

Place dough in a 13x9 inch pan.  I used my fingers to gently press into place.  Once spread I placed waxed paper over the dough used a roller to even out.

Turn oven to 450 degrees.  Place crust in oven and bake 8 minutes.  Remove from oven and place cherries spacing apart as shown. ( I pitted and cut the cherries)



Top with below filling and bake according to below directions.


Filling Per Betty Crocker
1
cup fresh raspberries ( I used pitted fresh cherries cut in half )$
3
eggs, slightly beaten
1
cup granulated sugar
3
tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1
tablespoon finely grated lemon peel 
1/4
cup fresh lemon juice
Powdered sugar



  • 1
    Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Use a 13x 9” baking dish 
  • 2
    In large bowl, mix Cookie Base ingredients with spoon until soft dough forms. Press into pan. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Sprinkle raspberries on crust. Lightly press raspberries into crust.
  • 3
    In medium bowl, beat 3 eggs, granulated sugar and flour with whisk until well blended. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon peel and the lemon juice. Pour evenly over raspberries on crust.

  • 4
    Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 2 hours. 
  • 5
    When ready to serve, sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.




Adapted from Betty Crocker recipe


No comments: