Sunday, January 5, 2020

Italian Seasoned Rump Roast






My hubby loves beef and it must be tender so crockpot cooking works for us.  When you use a crockpot you do not have to use the best cut of beef.  I have learned by experience a lean cut of most roasts with a little marbling works well.








Today I'm seasoning my roast according to a recipe I determined the amounts myself .  No exact  amounts were given to me.

  It actually was made by my son.  How about that?  He's a great cook when he puts his mind to it and I'm a proud mom and give credit where credit is do.  I just love that he enjoys cooking on some days!  

I haven’t taste tested it but if it’s anything like what my son prepared, it’ll be delicious!

Below is my version.  

2.6 lean rump roast
1 packet zesty good seasons Italian dressing
2 cups beef broth
1/2 jar sliced mild pepperoncini
1/4 cup pepperoncini juice.

Mix the beef broth, pepperoncini juice and Italian seasoning pack in a large 2 cup measuring cup.  Top roast with pepperoncini slices.  Pour broth mixture over roast.  I used 1/2 jar of pepperoncini but you can use less or more.  I wanted to have pieces of pepperoncini cook with the roast so when I shred it some pieces will still be in the roast.  Hope you understand what I just said.  Sometimes being wordy can cause confusion....

Cook in crockpot on low 8 to 10 hours.

Adjust recipe to the size of your roast.  Mine will easily serve 3 to 4.  We are moderate eaters.

Serve with rolls for add a few sides to cut out the carbs.  Enjoy!





No comments: