Monday, August 5, 2019

Enjoy this great Spinach Tart (Pie)

When I saw this recipe in my People Magazine I thought if Paul likes this I will too!  I loved the Beatles and grew up when their music was hot and all my friends and I liked Paul the best. We fussed over how cute he was being a typical teenager.  Paul is still going strong after many years and his talent shines through all his hardships and challenges.


I let it set for about 5 minutes and then sliced it.  A perfect slice!  5/6/12

Now to get to this Spinach Tart.. The article I read implies he is a vegetarian and this recipe comes from his vegetarian cookbook.


  I really enjoy meatless meals so this was a definite recipe I had to include in my meatless recipe collection.

Ok Now down to business.   Here's the recipe that I adapted to our liking. Look at the finished tart! Perfect look and served with a salad makes a nice meal or brunch addition. 


Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,
 




 
Paul McCartney’s Spinach Tart  4/16/12 (People’s Magazine)

9 inch tart pan, lined with pie dough (I used refrigerated pie crust)
9 oz. baby spinach (fresh)
4 tablespoons butter
1 onion finely chopped
*2 heaping cups grated cheddar cheese
2 whole eggs plus 2 yolks
*2/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place lined tart in oven.  Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
Gently cook spinach with half the butter, until wilted (I broke the spinach in pieces and removed stems)
Drain and chop finely
Heat rest of butter, and cook onions until soft. 
Spread spinach and onion over bottom of crust.

In processor, pulse cheese, eggs, cream and mustard and seasoning.  Pour over spinach and onion and return to oven.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.  Turn oven off and leave in oven for 5 minutes.  Then serve.

**Note: I’m thinking you could use drained frozen chopped spinach
**I used packaged cheddar cheese
** I substituted half and half for heavy cream

2 comments:

Oishii Treats said...

Love spinach, the tart looks amazing!

Debbie said...

Decadent!!!