Saturday, July 20, 2019

Banana Strawberry Coconut Cream Cake


My Version 8/18/16



While browsing through one of my old cookbooks I came across a recipe that I used to make years ago.  I don't know why I stopped making it?  Probably though it was that I like to try different recipes and create some new ones so this is no exception.  I added some fresh strawberries to this recipe and eliminated some sugar and salt. I think it turned out great.  Here is the original recipe and My Version..Enjoy!

 
Banana Cream Cake  

 WP Jr. Women’s Cookbook 1970


½ cup butter(softened or melted)
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
¾ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas
½ cup chopped nuts.

Cream butter gradually adding sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla.  Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add to creamed mixture alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with sour cream.  Add bananas and nuts, mixing until blended.  Pour into pan. (Bunt Pan)  Bake 40 to 45 min. at 350 degrees. Top with Frosting. I would use a cream cheese icing for this cake.


My Version 2012
Strawberry Banana Cream Cake

½ cup butter (melted slightly or softened)
1 cup sugar ( I decreased by ½ cup)
2 eggs
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
no salt
2 cups flour
1 cup sour cream
2 small to medium bananas mashed ( 1 cup)
1 cup sliced and diced fresh strawberries.
1/4 cup toasted coconut (optional)


Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs, add vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda.  Add to creamed mixture with sour cream.

Bake in (2 )well greased and floured round 9 inch cake pans. Approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean

Topping:

Whisk 1 pkg.- 4 oz. vanilla instant pudding, 1 1/4 cups skim milk. When pudding starts to thicken add 3 oz. softened cream cheese, 1- 8 oz. drained pineapple and 1/2 container Cool whip.  Top cake with pudding mixture and garnish with the other 1/2 Cool whip and toasted coconut.  Add some fresh strawberries to top cake.

Note:  An easy alternative to making this cake from scratch is to buy a box cake mix and follow instructions. Then either add some fresh strawberries to it or leave it plain..A must though is the topping!  It makes the cake******

 
*All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cookblog2016, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.


4/25/12
9/10/13

8/18/16

No comments: