Thursday, May 23, 2019

Krispy Cauliflower Salad

This post was lost so I am fudging this recipe.  I knew I had the photos but on my blog the recipe post was no where to be found.  Very very frustrating to say the least. :(

I am hoping I haven't lost any others or you might hear my screams from where you happen to be checking in from lol.

This is a wonderful salad for picnics so that is why I wanted to share it with you.  Happy Holiday Picnic!


1 medium size cauliflower grated on large side
1 cup chopped carrots
2 scallions chopped green stems too
rind of 1 lemon
1 fresh lemon squeezed
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

This is a trial and error type recipe since I didn't have any backup recipe. :(

Place the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.  Add lemon. Start with 1/4 cup or a little less of wine vinegar and 1/4 cup olive oil and whisk together.  Add salt and pepper to taste and do a taste test.  Depending on your decision start by adding if it is too tart a bit more olive oil and go from there. Note: add a pinch of sugar also for a bit of sweet taste!  

Note: It is always best to start a salad with LESS vinegar than more.  You can always add more.





Add caption








No comments: