Thursday, April 25, 2019

Classic Beef Stroganoff


Please note below is my Version of the Classic Beef Stroganoff (adapted from Betty Crocker's).























Her version is stove top. Mine is crockpot friendly!👍



 It's a new day and a new recipe I'm going to make my own.  I am using the crockpot for this one instead of Betty's way lol.  I'll see how it works out.  May be a keeper.
9/26/16

I started by sauteing my combination pack of stir fry beef and beef cubes in butter with onion first and then added my garlic. 
Drained the beef and Tossed the beef in the crockpot, added the beef broth and set to low and I'm off to lunch with friends







1 1/2

pounds beef sirloin steak ( I used a mix of beef cubes and stir fry beef) that's because I'm cooking it all day so I didn't have to use sirloin)
8
ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 1/2 cups)(I did not use)
2
medium onions, thinly sliced
1
garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4
cup butter or margarine 
1 1/2
cups beef broth (from 32-ounce carton)
1/2
teaspoon salt
1
teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4
cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1 1/2
cups sour cream
3
cups hot cooked egg noodles

Directions 

  • 1 Cut beef across grain into about 1 1/2x1/2-inch strips.
  • 2 Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
  • 3 Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the broth, the salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
  • 4 Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into flour; stir into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Note:  I basically used Betty Crocker's recipe but did the steps differently because of using the crockpot.  I browned the meat, onions and garlic in butter.  Drained it slightly. Placed beef  and beef broth in the crockpot and set the crockpot on low for approximately 6 hours.

 It saved a lot of time which gave me free time to do other things and I didn't have to use sirloin and was able to use stew beef or whatever since I was using the crockpot.

When I came home I removed my beef, thickened the juice with flour and then took it off the stove and whisked in the sour cream and made sure it was warm and added beef.   Ladled it onto large noodles.  It was perfect.

Another quick note.  There really wasn't anything else I wanted to do to change this recipe.  It's really delicious.  Crockpot made it easier for me and probably others who are working or have busy days.  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


No comments: