Thursday, March 28, 2019

Weight control suggestions! Moderation not Deprivation!!!

Good Day Everyone!

I saw these two pages in Better Homes and Garden Magazine and I had to share them with you.

I don't subscribe to many magazines but this one has a lot to offer in ideas, healthy food recipes, delicious desserts and everyday advise so I hope you can see the two pages I added to this post.  It eliminated lots of typing. Zoom in if you have difficulty. I did a brief synopsis of it below and also added the photos of the actual article.  

To help along with suggestions of lunches and dinners I am also adding a few meals I have made recently.  I believe in moderation without deprivation so my meals include all veggies, fruits and meats, poultry.  I believe in cutting back(no in between snacking) and if possible cutting back on sugar.

When I make one of my recipes if it isn't my own creation I ALWAYS cut back on the sugar amount and quite personally do not see any major change in taste or texture and sometimes substitute applesauce for the butter in the recipe.  It works!! So here are the resolutions as they call them but I call them helpful solutions.  Enjoy! 

1.  I'm going to eat healthy!
2.  I'm going to get more sleep
3.  I'm going to do some form of exercise
4.  I'll spend more time with family and friends(I'll put away my phone away at every meal.
5.  I'm going to lose some pounds. (I weigh myself daily)
6.  I'll tweak my social media addiction(Log off and stay off for an hour) Hard to do?  I know the pain lol
7.  I'll cut back on sugar.  A small sweet treat occasionally. (I've learned to buy a small package instead of a whole huge bag).  It takes determination to eat only one piece a day but do it!!
8.  I won't let stress rule me. I will mediate for 5 minutes everyday.

9.  I will not sit as much.  I will remind(set a reminder) myself to get up and stretch while at home or work
10.  I'll replace every negative thought with a positive one.  This is a hard one but you must do it.  Even if it's a little one it'll help.
4/11/16




Lemon and Italian seasonings marinated Tilapia.  Baked at 350 degrees in aluminum foil for 30 minutes or less.
Lightly breaded pork chop, green beans, salad and rice medley(1/2 to 1 cup) for potato or rice

Beef and chicken kabobs, asparagus, red beets and unseasoned rice
Jerk style pork(I used a store bought seasoning packet but plan on making my own seasoning. There were peppers an onions in this recipe but I used my crockpot and suggest 
you add them toward the end of cooking.



I
I will continue to regularly post my completed meals on the blog. I hope you will follow my posts and my Facebook page and REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT THE LABELS SECTION.  I TRY TO LABEL ALL MY RECIPES ACCORDING TO HELP YOU. IT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE POST/PAGE.

Good food, desserts and lifestyle changes without the feeling you are doing without.

Please remember to comment. I'd love to hear from you.  

HAPPY BAKING AND COOKING!

 FROM MY KITCHEN TO YOURS,

 

adapted1/6/16 original BetterHomesandGardens

No comments: