Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Wimpies






Forget about canned Sloppy Joe's.  Try these Wimpies!!! Much better and if you want to add a chopped green pepper, add it as well.  It's all up to you. 

Mom made these when I was growing up and they were so yummy.  She served them on a nice soft bun.  Now I make them for my family and they are great to bring along in a crock pot for socials. Forget the bun and serve as a dip with crunchy chips.  Everyone will love them!

You can make these with or without the add-ins. They will always be "WIMPIES" to me! 

1 1/2 lb. ground sirloin (lean ground beef works too)
1 medium onion
1- 12 oz bottle Chili sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 to 2  heaping tablespoon brown sugar(depends on how sweet you would like it to be)
1/4 tsp.Worcestershire sauce (I've made them without this ingredient and they have been fine)
**1/4 cup chopped green pepper(optional) Sloppy Joe's have green peppers so you decide Wimpie's do not.

about 1/4 cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown meat in oil. Add salt and pepper.  Add chili sauce, ketscup and remainder of ingredients.  Cook slowly for approximately 1/2 hour or until meat thickens slightly. Top with a little cheddar cheese if you desire but not necessary.

 Serve on rolls. 

From my kitchen to yours,





copyright 2012 I Like to Bake and Cook


No comments: