Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Healthy Meals from my kitchen to yours!

I want to share as many good healthy recipes to help us stay focused on healthy eating and Weight Watchers have been helping people make healthy food choices so my first meal is one that was adapted from one of their cookbooks.

Turkey and veggie pizza
3/12/17

I  know that I want to be healthy but won't deprive myself from indulging now and again.  Life is way to short to totally eliminate sweets and special dishes and meals that we all like.  Obviously eating poorly everyday is NOT a good idea.  

I am checking my cookbooks and adapting recipes hopefully that will be of interest to you.  I will try to incorporate fish or even some seafood into my dishes as well as chicken, turkey or a meatless dish.  I am hoping that appeals to you.  I'd like to trim down a few pounds and quite honestly I am not into serious exercise so it has to be my food choices that will help shed the weight. I do believe in taking a nice brisk walk when the weather permits. 

Have a great day and keep coming back.  I'd love to hear from you.






Happy Healthy Eating!



Mini Tortilla Turkey and Veggie Pizza (Healthy Option #1)

This recipe makes 4

4 whole wheat tortilla's
2/3 cup reduced fat sour cream or( Try some plain Greek yogurt for a substitute)
1/4 cup prepared horseradish  or ( use 2 tsp. dry ranch seasoning mix)
*1 lemon squeezed (eliminate if you are using turkey)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 plum tomatoes(diced) or cut in half cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion sliced thin
1/2 lb. thinly sliced turkey breast (low salt) or *1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon
sprinkle of dried dill weed optional

**If you would like add more veggies to the above.  I am sure peppers, broccoli and or cauliflower small pieces would also be a great add ins.

Spray medium skillet with cooking spray.  Taking one tortilla at a time on medium heat cook until crisp.  Set aside

Combine sour cream, horseradish or (2 tsp. dry ranch mix).  Stir until blended.

Spread mixture over tortilla, top with tomatoes, onion and sliced turkey and sprinkle a little dill if you would like.



original post 11/17/13








No comments: