Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Three Crockpot Meal Suggestions

2018




I did a test this morning seeing what I could accomplish in an hour. One pot, 3 crockpots.-

I started at 8 a.m.  I used my Dutch oven with a splash of olive oil and I browned 3 different meats with salt and pepper.  Pork, sliced flank steak and ground beef.

Once the pork was browned  I put it in my smallest crockpot scraping the bottom of Dutch oven and adding I cup water. I added onion powder too.  I set the crockpot on low. Next:

In that same pot I added a little more olive oil and browned sliced flank steak( or round steak) to pot along with a sliced onion.  Note: Remember to salt and pepper while browning.

After browning flank steak In my medium size crockpot I placed browned meat and onions along with 1-15 oz. can Hunts sauce, I can water and a pinch of Italian seasoning (just a pinch). Placed on low.

Then using the same pot without any oil I browned 1/1/4 lb ground beef, salt,Pepper and chopped red and yellow peppers.  After browning I Drained any fat and placed cooked ingredients in my large crockpot.  I added 1-28 oz can Hunts sauce 1 can water , 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1-15 oz. can beef broth. Allowed to cook on high for I hour and then lowered temperature to low. I will add rice later.  About I hour before we eat I set on high to cook rice or cook rice separately and add.  You could add minute rice for quick cooking.  Do what your time allows you to.

One pot to brown meat.  Three various size crockpots.  3 or more meals prepped in one hour.  It’s taken me longer to type this than to prep!!!!

The steak was ready for lunch sandwiches .  ( I topped the steak with a jarred roasted red pepper).  The other two are set on low.  The pork to be cooked and sliced for tomorrow’s dinner and refrigerated.

The other I’ll add rice to it in a little while keeping set on low for dinner.

It can be done.  I had gone to the grocery store on Monday and bought the 3 meats.  Since then I have had free time to do other things.  If you work why not try some of my suggestions even if it’s just one before you go to work.

Please note:  Always brown and make sure you add 1 cup of liquid to crockpot.  Always set on low if you are going to be out for more than 5 hours.





No comments: