Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Five Days of Easy, quick and delicious meals and a bonus dessert


Since school will be starting for a lot of kiddo's Mom's and Dad's will be pondering what to make for dinner.  I like sharing some easy suggestions for everyday meals.  I have over 300 easy recipes on this blog but occasionally don't post all of them because they are so easy I'm thinking them up while I am cooking.

You really can do this too!  It is not difficult.

I find that for my hubby and I since we are the only two most days I cook for that buying a few items at the beginning of a week or pay period works for easy meals. Whether you are a large family, single or a couple these recipes can be easily adjusted to your needs.


These meat, fish, poultry items can be found in small packages or larger depending on what size of family you are cooking for.  I'm thinking about some meals that take very little preparation and time to say the least but satisfy and taste good.


Here's where my idea comes in handy.


  If your store has specials this may be the way to start.  My local grocery store has items that they sell 5 for $19.99 which works for us.  They package approximately one lb. packages of ground beef, chicken, round steak, beef cubes, pork cutlets etc.  They are all fresh cut and will have a use by within a week. If I don't use them by the time of expiration I freeze them for later.  Check out your local grocery store they may have some too!    I buy that special quite often and play with ideas I have as well as what I have in my pantry, refrigerator or freezer.


You can make meals so quickly adding spices and herbs. Onions, garlic and different seasonings (as in paprika, lemon pepper etc. your family might enjoy.  Play with spices remembering to start slowly with amounts.  You can season too much and that would possibly not work as they might not want that particular seasoning again if you are too heavy handed with them.


Below are a few I have made this past week.  I did link several recipes but most are my playing with food so no recipe is needed.  Enjoy!




Crockpot honey pork in garlic sauce


Link:  Sticky Chicken
Pink Angel Food Cake  Box Angel food cake prepared as directed on box.  Add 8 drops red food coloring


5/11/16
8/19/17



No comments: