Thursday, August 30, 2018

Breaded Pork Chops

My mom always cooked pork chops in a frying pan on top of the stove and they were super tender. My memories are very vivid of her standing by our stove while they were cooking.  She did cook them on low and covered.  I think the steam of the heat helped her get the result she had hoped for. Always perfect!

She used bone in type but today I am using boneless which are pretty thick.  We'll see my results.







3 bone in or boneless pork chops(bone in might cook quicker)
1cup regular or seasoned bread crumbs
1egg beaten well plus 1 T water.
Salt
Pepper
paprika
2 to 3 T olive oil or vegetable oil

Place egg, salt, pepper and water in a large bowl.  Whisk until blended.  On a large plate or waxed paper place bread crumbs.  I use regular type bread crumbs because mom always used them.  Dip each pork chop into egg mixture on both sides and then into bread crumbs making sure to coat evenly.  Set aside.

In a large frying pan place a few tablespoons oil on medium to low heat. Once oil is warmed placed seasoned and breaded pork chops.  Brown on each side.  Once browned  lower heat and add about 2 to 4 T of water and cover pork chops with aluminum foil.

Check after a few minutes and if water has evaporated add a little more. Cook on low until pork chops are tender.

 Note:  if you notice pork chops are sticking to pan you must add more water and continue to cover.  Try not to disturb the pork chops or breading may loosen.  Allow to cook on low until tender. Time depends on thickness of pork chops.


My results....Tender, but it took more time to cook than I would have liked.  To speed it up I think when I use a thicker pork chop  I might choose baking them after browning them.  350 degrees covered for 30 minutes is my guess!

Enjoy with a side of your choice.  Happy Cooking!




No comments: