Friday, July 27, 2018

Blueberry Soda! A nice new summer beverage!

I saw this in the Sunday newspaper and it caught my eye.  I like to make different refreshing summer beverages. Most are alcohol free as this one is but I do like the fru fru ones too!

  When I saw this recipe for Blueberry syrup I couldn't wait to make it and also make Blueberry Soda.  Doesn't it sound interesting?  I think it did so I am sharing the recipe with you. Enjoy!

7/4/13



Straining the blueberries was a little messy but all in all it was easy to do!

Beautiful color, taste and texture  I may even try a little on vanilla ice cream!!!!!






1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup sugar
9 T fresh lemon juice

In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.

Bring to a simmer slowly, stirring until all of the berries have popped, about 10 minutes.  Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.  Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, remove the mixture from the refrigerator.  Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer.  Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Blueberry Soda

For one drink, fill a tall glass with ice cubes.  Add 3 T of the Blueberry syrup, top with seltzer or I'm going to use club soda and mix gently.  Top with a lemon slice and a few blueberries as a garnish. 

No comments: