Monday, June 4, 2018

Crockpot Mongolian Beef

Hi everyone:  This was one super recipe and so easy to make in the crockpot.

I've been slacking when it comes to meals so when I saw this recipe I figured I had to try it because it just seemed to be so easy that I couldn't resist it for a light summer meal.



Summer makes me want to use a crockpot whenever I can.  I love salads and easy stove top and skillet dishes but when I want to do a few things that require me out of my house and kitchen well crockpot meals are on the top of my list.

I followed it to the tee for the exception of the meat.  I would have bought the flank steak but couldn't resist the sale the store had on round steak.  I use round steak a lot in crockpot recipes. It's a little more dense so it does have to be baked or complimented with a sauce or gravy and requires a little more cooking to be tender so it's very crockpot friendly.


Enjoy!





  • 1 ½ pounds Flank Steak ( Round steak was on sale so I used it and cut it into strips)
  • ¼ cups cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
  • ½ teaspoons mince Garlic, Cloves
  • ¾ cups Soy Sauce
  • ¾ cups Water
  • ¾ cups Brown Sugar
  • 1 cup grated Carrots
  • green onions, for garnish

  • Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.Cook for high 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until cooked throughout and tender. Can serve over rice and garnish with green onions.






  • No comments: