Friday, February 2, 2018

Another Biscotti recipe

I love my facebook page. If you didn't know it's titled the same as this blog. I Like to Bake and Cook Blog to be specific.

Along with meeting so many foodies that quite honestly become my friends I also get to have foodies share their recipes with me on my group page which is We like to bake and cook group.  Yes I'm well represented on facebook but how else could I get to reach so many people who love food. It's the best place to connect with foodies and find great recipes with the best foodies from around the world.




 The below recipe for Biscotti is from one of the foodies and yes ladies and gents it is a gent who shared this recipe with me. Thanks Tom.





It does not have any shortening in it so don't get alarmed.  It is a good recipe especially if your one who loves to dunk biscotti.. lol  They're crispy but not hard which surprised me. 

I wanted to make this recipe exactly as Tom suggested to see what if any changes I would make and here's where I 'd make a few slight ones.


Note** I didn't think the vanilla was flavorful enough so I'd add orange rind to mine and maybe orange extract or real orange juice to bring out some flavor.  I love anise so maybe I'd switch it up and use anise extract instead of orange. I'd also watch the  baking time as if you over bake they will be very dry.

Enjoy! 

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 eggs
2 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
Dried fruit and nuts

Recipe makes about 2 medium size loaves. No rolling necessary..so it makes making biscotti so easy...


Cream sugar ,eggs plus egg whites. Add vanilla, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

Add flour to above and mix. I used an electric mixer. After all is blended Add dried fruit and or nuts. About 1/2 to 3/4 total.

You can use orange rind and orange extract for flavoring as well.


 It's easy and I do my same old way to bake them. On a large cookie sheet I place aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and drop in a horizontal line tablespoon size scoops.  About 6. Allow room between loaves. They will spread as they bake.

 With a butter knife close all the edges and top with a little sugar if you like. You do not need the sugar but can for a little extra sweet.

Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.  Cool at least 15 minutes or more and cut into thin or medium slices. Place on cookie sheet and bake about 5 minutes more on each side.









No comments: