Friday, January 5, 2018

Chicken Quesadilla pie



A very good day to everyone:

As I started to type this post I immediately thought that this recipe could easily be made into a beef quesadilla pie too and I decided that mentioning to you that using cooked ground beef or shredded beef would be a nice option.  Maybe some of the beef you had leftover from your last night's dinner could be an option.

I really enjoy anything with a Mexican flair.  When I do go out to dinner with my children I would be the one to suggest Mexican or Asian.  My two favorites.  I love Italian but since a lot of my recipes are Italian I like to try something I don't make quite as often.

This pie really turned out very good.  My only suggestion is that you most certainly serving it with a side would only make you enjoy it more.  The traditional salsa or sour cream or even a nice green salad would be yummy.  Enjoy!











  • 1 Large flour tortilla 
  • 1 rotisserie chicken shredded or  use 2 boneless chicken breasts cooked and shredded.  I am sure you can use  cooked ground beef as well. Remember to drain all fat from cooked beef before tossing with below ingredients. (About 2 cups total )
  • 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes with chiles(juice and all)
  • 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, grated, divided 
             1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish (I used dried cilantro about 1 tsp.)
  • Topping
  • 1 cup whole milk 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste



  1. Preheat oven to 425ยบ F and lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate with butter or non-stick spray. 
  2. Place tortilla into pie plate and set aside. ***Note:(I used a spring form pan and it filled it nicely) and was easy to remove.
  3. In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, pinch salt and pepper, 1 cup cheese, cilantro, tomatoes with  green chiles, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Stir until everything is combined, then transfer mixture to tortilla-filled pie plate, smoothing everything into an even layer.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk flour and eggs, then stir in baking powder and season generously with salt.
  5. Once smooth, carefully pour mixture over chicken filling. Top evenly with remaining cheese, then transfer pie plate to oven.
  6. Bake for 20-24 minutes, or until surface is golden brown and center is just set. 
  7. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving. 
  8. Slice into wedges and serve hot, garnish with fresh cilantro or sour cream.


Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,



No comments: