Wednesday, October 18, 2017

White Bean and spinach stew

I'm reposting a really nice recipe today for white bean and spinach stew..




I thought today would be a great day to try this recipe once again. We loved it  on the first try!!  So good!  

 Mom used to make greens and beans and it was a very tedious job.  This recipe seemed a lot easier than my mom's greens recipe so I thought I'd try it and it was very tasty and super easy to prepare. It's a keeper.  Enjoy!!! This is a great soup/stew type meal for a cool day.  

Remember to bookmark this.  Fall is here and winter isn't too far away.  It will make a great addition to your traditional type meal.


Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours! 

1 tablespoon olive oil
12 oz. cooked Italian chicken sausage(sliced)
4 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine(optional)
1 32 oz. container chicken broth(low sodium)
4 oz. ditalini pasta or small pasta
1 15 oz. can cannellini or other white beans(rinsed)
Black pepper
1 10 oz. bag spinach, stems removed(washed)
1 oz. Pecorino romano cheese grated

Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.  Add sausage and cook stirring occasionally until browned.  Transfer the sausage to plate.  Add garlic to pan and cook slowly..do not let it brown..add wine and simmer scraping up any brown bits.cook for a minute..Add the broth and pasta..Bring to a boil..Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender..about 8 minutes or so..Add beans, sausage and 1/4 tsp. pepper and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes..Remove from heat and add washed spinach..stirring gently until it starts to wilt..Serve with grated cheese..Note:  I would remove sausage casing the next time..I felt it was a little tough...sausage was tasty.


From my kitchen to yours,





1/19/12
1/19/16

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tried to open your pizza blog.sounded really interesting fresh tomato and feta;) This dish is evenm more delicious here .In one of my guest blogs from Japan I first time met Fish sausage.Never heard of before;)

M. J. Vitelli said...

Sorry you couldn't open it..I'll try posting it again later..Fish sausage? Interesting!

Unknown said...

MJ Fantastic!! Love it! We have wonderful Chicken Sausages here too, Have to try this recipe! Thanks for posting it at Food is Love :)

M. J. Vitelli said...

You are welcome and thanks so much for commenting:)