Friday, October 27, 2017

Creamy sausage, potatoes and spinach soup

Here's another quick crockpot meal.





There is no need to brown sausage for this meal and this soup is brothy unlike a thick cream soup. The broth is awesome and I felt it might be too thick if I added anything to thicken the broth.

Enjoy!
Fall is in the air and winter is not far behind so I decided to make two soup recipes for us today.

 Today's weather calls for high sixties and although it may be too hot for this meal, (I can always cool and refrigerate until tomorrow)winter is definitely on the way with the temps dropping over night tonight. 

Our weather has been crazy. Up and down temperatures and of course I caught a cold so I'm in a comfort food mode and in high gear. This was so easy and I recommend chicken sausage. This brand was appealing because it has no nitrates, no fillers and no bi products. It's a win win..

I just love my crockpot.

1 lb. hot link chicken sausage cut in large pieces(my sausage was a natural casing sausage)
1 lb. red potatoes cubes(skin removed or leave the skin on)
4 oz. cream cheese
1 to 2-15 oz. chicken broth
2 T. dry ranch dressing mix
1 to 2 cups cut up spinach or you can use cut up kale (kale may take longer to cook so add immediately when you add soup mixture).

This recipe made enough for several servings.


Either line or spray your crockpot with cooking spray.  Place cut sausage and potatoes in crockpot. Mix cream cheese, ranch dressing and soup in a bowl. After blended as well as you can pour over sausage and potatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8. 


Ten minutes before serving add spinach.





Today I made two soups; Beef Barley with veggies and Creamy Spicy sausage, potatoes and spinach.  Here's a photo of the two.












No comments: