Monday, July 17, 2017

Stuffed Red and Green Peppers with Pineapple/ Chili Salsa Sauce

I made this meal from the top of my head wanting to cook healthy and also make something to fill me with good calories not empty ones.  I'm trying really hard to make some recipes for me and you to enjoy! It's family friendly! A good family meal.


Happy Cooking!



1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 egg slightly beaten
1 onion diced
1/4 cup mild banana peppers diced
pinch salt


Sauce

1 bottle salsa (I used Newman's own pineapple salsa)
1/2 bottle chili sauce (optional)
1/2 cup water





Mix  beef, bread crumbs, egg and banana peppers and salt. Hollow out and Fill 3 or 4 small red and green peppers.

Brown filled peppers slightly in olive oil, transfer to crockpot and  cook on low approximately 4 to 5 hours or high approximately 3 hours. Enjoy!


No comments: