I just made it and it's in the freezer. Doing it ahead of time is a plus. Less to worry about and it freezes perfectly.
Note: I made this in a larger pan than was suggested so if you do it too, make sure you increase the amounts. Mine looks a little skimpy. I would have liked it fuller.
- 3 cups crushed Corn Flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (1.75 quart) container Vanilla ice cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- Chocolate syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Take the vanilla ice cream out of your freezer and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so, to soften.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet, over medium heat. Add the crushed corn flakes and sugar. Stir to combine. Fry mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until cereal is golden-brown. *Be careful not to burn. It may take less than 5 minutes*
- Take a 9×13 baking dish and spread 1/3 of the corn flakes mixture into the bottom of pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the softened vanilla ice cream and cool whip. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Using a spatula, stir and mix well to combine. Spread ice cream mixture over the top of the corn flake mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the remaining corn flake mixture evenly over the ice cream. Drizzle the honey over the top. Cover pan, and place in freezer. Freeze ice cream for at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve with drizzles of chocolate syrup and caramel sauce (and if you’re feelin’ frisky add some whipped cream and a cherry on top) Enjoy! ♥
- Serves 12