Thursday, July 20, 2017

Cucumber or Zucchini Dip


I've been wanting to make this dip ever since I saw it was a recipe from Taste of Home Magazine.

They call it Cucumber Dip but I used a medium zucchini and it turned out great so I believe either vegetable can be used!



Here is the recipe.  Use the cucumber as it is written or substitute a grated zucchini as I did.

1 large cucumber or *medium zucchini cut, skinned, seeded and grated
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup sour cream
3 T olive oil
4 tsp. fresh dill *I used dried fine dill and I used 1/2 the amount
4 tsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. *garlic powder or 3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp.* salt




Hubby liked it! Note: He didn't ask and I didn't mention there was zucchini in it...........lol

  Grate cucumber or zucchini.  Place grated cucumber or zucchini on paper towels and squeeze several times to remove excess moisture.

In a medium bowl place sour cream, dill,  yogurt, oil, vinegar, salt and garlic.  Stir well  then fold in cucumber or zucchini and stir until mixed.  Refrigerate until chilled.,

Serve with crackers, pretzels, raw veggies or pita bread if you like.  Yummy! 

I will definitely make this again.  A great appetizer for the holidays.

No comments: