Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Turkey Meatballs


Original 10/1/14. 


 FYI:  From my kitchen to yours a healthy suggestion.

You can easily make these meatballs smaller and place them in a crockpot along with marinara sauce and you'll have a healthy and tasty appetizer for parties.




A healthy option...turkey instead of beef

I've made turkey meatballs years ago but got away from making them because I thought they weren't tender enough to my liking but when hubby said  "I wouldn't be opposed to trying some turkey meatballs" I figured I'd give them another try.

Using my basic meatball recipe but added a little more seasoning (as in dried Italian seasoning) and added some chicken broth to assure moistness and to hold them together.

They are cooking now so we'll test them out later with our grandson who also likes to bake and cook and is spending some quality time with us.  I'm hoping for a A+.  We haven't decided if we'll have meatball sandwiches on crusty rolls with some mozzarella or pasta of some variety.  All I know is hubby better like them!!  Look for results at the end of the blog!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours!

M. J.
      






 


1 lb. fresh organic ground turkey
2 to 3 cloves minced garlic
3/4 cup plain or seasoned breadcrumbs
3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1 egg slightly beaten
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth

Mix above and make 1'' balls. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and bake at  400 degrees until lightly browned. Approximately 10 minutes. .Add to your favorite pasta sauce

A+++I was official taste tester and they agreed.  Moist, tender and just the right amount of seasonings.  It is a definite must do again!







Note:  This handy slow cooker is an one of my favorties.   It is a WestBend and I have had it for over 4 years.  If you like to brown your meat before you slow cook, this is the pot for you.  From stove to cradle it does a great job! and you don't have to stand over it and keep stirring.  It has a non stick coating that really is nice. 

Note:  These meatballs were amazing!!!! I will definitely make them again...












original posted 4/29/12
1/13/13
1/9/14

No comments: