Monday, May 1, 2017

Chicken salad

This is my basic chicken salad recipe. I seldom change it because we really like it, it stores well and is great on a soft roll, toasted bread or along side your favorite green salad.



2 large chicken breasts
1 tsp salt
Cover chicken with water and bring to a boil allowing to simmer slightly covered about 1 hour.  Drain and set aside chicken to cool.

Add to the cooled chopped or shredded chicken Equal amounts of Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise, a pinch of salt ,chopped celery and refrigerate. The amount of Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise varies depending on how creamy you would like it.  Also you can add  A pinch of thyme if you like.  Mix well and refrigerate until ready to eat.

Today I topped this yummy chicken salad with sweet relish.  You can also add to this recipe grapes, dried cranberries and almonds.  It's a basic recipe so add ins will be a wonderful addition.  I don't add onion.  I feel onion is for tuna salad.  Just my opinion. :)










From my kitchen to yours,


No comments: