Thursday, April 6, 2017

Hawaiian Pineapple Cheese Ball

 Tomorrow night's one of several appetizers.  Easy to make so make two!  Enjoy!

I was getting tired of the same old appetizers and wanted something light but tasty so I choice this rather easy recipe. Thinking light and refreshing this recipe can be made with only crushed pineapple or add some thinly chopped ham and green onion to it.  I was going to chop macadamia nuts but never did.  I think they would really made it even better.  Enjoy!



2- 8 oz. packages cream cheese softened
1- medium size can crushed pineapple, drained well
4 T. powdered sugar but you can add more if you like it really sweet
1  to 2 T. chopped green onion(optional)
4 to 5 T. chopped ham(optional)
1 cup chopped pecans

With an electric mixer mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy.  On low speed add crushed pineapple, onion and ham, just enough to mix.  Transfer to bowl and chill into it is almost firm but easy to make into a ball or balls.




12/17/15


On a large sheet of wax paper place chopped pecans.  Take mixed cream cheese out and make either one large size ball or two smaller size.  I opted for the two smaller size.  Roll in chopped pecans and refrigerate until ready to use.

Note:  After I rolled the balls I wrapped each one individually in clear wrap and refrigerated them  until I plan on using them.  I will be using them by Christmas.  Remove from refrigerator 1/2 hour prior to serving. 

Serve as a spread with crackers. 



No comments: