Thursday, March 9, 2017

Making Seafood Marinara!

Updated 10/30/2022

Today pasta choice was hubby’s favorite Fettuccine.




Craving a nice seafood meal?  Try this easy marinara and add shrimp, crabmeat or any prepared seafood of choice.

We love shrimp and when I can purchase good quality large shrimp this is definitely a meal both my hubby and I really enjoy! 

 Happy Cooking!




Marinara sauce is one the easiest pasta sauces to make from scratch..  Using either fresh, or canned tomatoes I make this sauce often because both my hubby and I love it.

Today I made it with canned plum tomatoes and other than having to break the tomatoes up while cooking it made a delicious sauce.  I decided that the sauce was a bit too chunky for my liking so I put it in the food processor to thin it a bit. (or you can use your immersion blender too)  

 1lb. Jumbo cleaned and deveined cooked shrimp ( you can add other seafood favorites too)
1 large can Plum tomatoes cut up or smashed with hands
2T. Butter
1 large onion (1/2 grated and ½ sliced)
1 or 2 cloves garlic chopped( If you like garlic don't hesitate to add more)
½  to 1 tsp. fresh basil or dried
½ tsp. oregano optional
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
Dried parsley for garnish

Saute’ onion , butter and garlic in olive oil  until tender.  Add tomatoes, breaking them or cutting them while adding.  Add garlic, basil, oregano(optional) red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.  Cook over medium heat to bring to a slow boil..

Turn heat to low and simmer until reduced by a 1/3.  Add shrimp and heat for a few minutes.  Serve over pasta.


9/23/12 
9/6/12
2/28/14
10/30/2022

4 comments:

Marisa R. Harvey said...

THIS sounds easy but delish so I'm getting the stuff this weekend to try it! It looks like something you can 'go-to' any night using any meat really for a quick and yummy meal! I LIKE THAT!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Yes Melissa..This is very easy and I some add some cooked veggies to it or just make the basic sauce..Happy Cooking! M.J.

M. J. Vitelli said...

OOPs sorry Marisa!!!:)

Al Son Del Mortero said...

Ummmm me encanta adoro los langostinos y asi se ven riquísimos!!
Un besote guapa.