Friday, March 10, 2017

Another appetizer to choose from! Seafood Salad Cucumber Cups

  


If you are looking for an appetizer a little different than most try these~  I was invited to a small gathering with some of my gal friends and everyone was taking an appetizer so I thought these might be the right choice of something easy and tasty for me to bring.

Very easy to make, using precooked shrimp and a seedless cucumber..  Salad dressing was a breeze to make!


Happy Entertaining from my home to yours!



Seafood Salad Cucumber Cups.

(adapted from Good food recipes) Good Housekeeping 2011

6 sprigs fresh dill ( I used dried dill)
2 lemons
2 tsp Dijon mustard
pinch cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 oz. Shelled deveined shrimp (16 to 20 ct)
2 seedless Cucumbers
8 oz. Refrigerated lump crabmeat
2 Tablespoons snipped chives
¼ c. pomegranate seeds

Separate dill leaves. .reserve separately
Grate from lemons, ½ tsp. Peel and squeeze ¼ cup juice into large bowl.. Reserve rinds.
Whisk mustard, cayenne and ½ tsp. Salt to peel and juice.. Whisk in oil in a steady stream, until blended.. Dressing can be refrigerated up to 3 days.


I used shrimp only… I bought already cooked and de veined shrimp..Added  dried dill,  and above dressing..

Trim cucumbers, cut into ½ inch thick slices..With a melon baller, scoop out center of slices without cutting bottoms.

 Gently fold into dressing, shrimp and chives.  Fill each cucumber cup with 1 tablespoon salad mixture.. Garnish with pomegrante and dill.. (I garnished with pimento).








11/28/11

12/29/13

2 comments:

easyfoodsmith said...

Yummylicious! They are looking so tempting.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Everyone loved these easy appetizers..just enough crunch to add to the seafood taste!