Friday, January 6, 2017

Roasted Balsamic Chicken and tomatoes

2017 Healthy options

Starting today I am for one week trying my best to be focusing on less carbs and more protein in my food choices.






I love carbs in any shape or form and tend to lean to them for comfort and satisfaction I am looking for in my meal.  I need to try to not do it so often as it does put weight on and quite honestly it becomes an easy add on to a meal to make you full.

I've been looking through a lot of recipes and a few come to mind.  Today's was featured in All recipes and I think it will be one worth trying.

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 T olive oil
1 T Dijon mustard or more to taste
1 clove minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 fresh basil leaves chopped or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 lemon, zest and juiced






Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard and garlic together in a large zip lock bag.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in bag in vinegar mixture.

Marinate turning  bag occasionally for at least 4 hours or overnight.




Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


  1. Roast chicken in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Add tomatoes to the baking dish and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes more. 
  2. **For easier clean up I lined my baking pan with parchment paper.

  1. Sprinkle lemon zest and drizzle lemon juice over the chicken and serve over fresh garlic spinach.

  1. Note:  I did not use the zest of the lemon but I did squeeze a lemon cut in half over chicken before serving.  


Ser







Courtesy of all recipes. com

8/20/16


No comments: