Saturday, January 7, 2017

Easy Recipes for the New Year! I'm thinking Healthy!

I'm starting the New Year in the right direction.  Ok...I'm in a positive mode and will do everything to encourage both you and I to make some good food choices in this New Year 2017...

I am going to set a good example and suggest some light recipes you can incorporate into your busy lifestyle.  I'll still be posting family recipes and some new ones but I want to give you some healthy choices too!

Here it goes:

A nice lunch sandwich is one that would use:

2 slices of reduced calorie bread
3 oz. of light tuna (packed in water for sure and drained)
2 tablespoons light mayo
1 tsp. pickle relish
lettuce and tomato
1 small banana or apple

Another good choice would be:

2 cups baby spinach (wash)
2/3 cups chickpeas, drained
2 sliced scallions
6 halved cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons fat free vinaigrette
A few saltines or light crackers

My final suggestion for today's blog would be:

2 hard boiled eggs chopped and mixed with 2 tablespoons light mayo
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. pickle relish (it's really good to sweeten up your eggs)
Serve above over 2 cups salad greens (I like romaine lettuce)
small roll or light bread

The above should get you on a great start for the New Year..

Remember:  Make good choices and watch our portions.

Happy Baking and Cooking!  

The above recipes were adapted from a 2009 Family Circle Magazine..




1/1/12



No comments: