Monday, January 2, 2017

Jumbo Coconut Macaroons

I looked and looked and couldn't find my recipe or blog post for my original Jumbo Coconut Macaroons so thanks to another good foodie friend here is a recipe that is looks good.







I love jumbo macaroons and my idea to make them was when hubby and I were at the Pittsburgh Market district and I had one from one of the bakeries in the strip area.  They were huge, sweet and so tender I rushed home and tried and succeeded in making some great macaroons but~~~~somehow my recipe as well as the blog post went bye bye so today I'm trying the below version hoping it will be what is close to my recipe.  Fingers crossed!  


Note:  I found these coconut Macaroons to be delicious.  Mine were a bit lighter and not quite as sweet and I added 1/2 tsp. almond extract and 1 tsp. vanilla extract opting for a slight almond flavor. Also you might like to drizzle a little chocolate on top.  If so melt 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate morsels and drizzle over the macaroons.  Yummy!

***I used an ice cream scooper to get the size I was looking for and they turned out perfect!






EASY PEASY COCONUT MACAROONS
recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings


5 1/4 cups coconut flakes
1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
melted chocolate (optional for dipping)


Preheat the oven to 175C degrees (350F). Line a cookie sheet with non-stick baking paper or parchment paper.


Mix the flour and coconut together in a bowl. Add in the condensed milk and vanilla and stir together until well blended.


Scoop by teaspoonfuls and using wet hands, shape the macaroons into round balls (or triangles if you prefer) before dropping them onto the baking sheet. 


Bake for 12-15 minutes until top is golden brown.  Immediately remove from baking sheets. Cool completely before dipping in melted chocolate if desired. Enjoy!



3/9/16
Post a Comment