Monday, January 2, 2017

Jumbo Coconut Macaroons

I prefer large coconut macaroons because I love coconut. lol

I have several recipes for macaroons but this is my favorite.









I love jumbo macaroons and my idea to make them was when hubby and I were at the Pittsburgh Market district and I had one from one of the bakeries in the strip area.  They were huge, sweet and so tender I rushed home and tried and succeeded in making some great macaroons but~~~~somehow my recipe as well as the blog post went bye bye so today I'm trying to make these from memory hoping they'll be spot on Delicious. 


Note:  I found these coconut Macaroons to be delicious.  Mine were a bit lighter and not quite as sweet and I added 1/2 tsp. almond extract and 1 tsp. vanilla extract opting for a slight almond flavor. Also you might like to drizzle a little chocolate on top.  If so melt 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate morsels and drizzle over the macaroons.  Yummy!

***I used an ice cream scooper to get the size I was looking for and they turned out perfect!






EASY PEASY COCONUT MACAROONS



5 1/4 cups coconut flakes
1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
melted chocolate (optional for dipping)


Preheat the oven to degrees (350F). Line a cookie sheet with non-stick baking paper or parchment paper.


Mix the flour and coconut together in a bowl with a large spoon. Add in the condensed milk,vanilla and almond extract and stir together until well blended.


Scoop by (I use an ice cream scooper) but you can make them any size you like. I moisten my hands, shape the macaroons into round balls or use the ice cream scooper if you want larger ones before dropping them onto the baking sheet. 


Bake for 12-15 minutes until top is golden brown.  Immediately remove from baking sheets. Cool completely before dipping in melted chocolate if desired. Enjoy!

Note:  If you are making larger macaroons you may have to leave them in the oven a little longer but be careful as not to burn them.  You should be able to see brown, golden but slightly firm on the outside appearance.

Enjoy!



3/9/16

No comments: