Sunday, December 25, 2016

2016 Christmas Appetizer

It's a Tradition that hubby and  I host Christmas Day Dinner.  It's been this way since forever and although I make too much in the way of the food and desserts I am happy to do it because for all the crazy days in-between it brings my family together. 

We moved to Pittsburgh about ten years ago and until then the children would pile up the grandchildren and make the trip to our house in Harrisburg or we'd drive to their house on Christmas Day.  Once we made the decision to move closer to them it took pressure off all of us.

It was a very hard decision because both hubby and I loved Harrisburg. It was convenient to visit our family in the Wilkes-Barre /Scranton area from Harrisburg easily but Pittsburgh is quite a drive.  From Harrisburg it is about 3 1/2 hours and from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area about 5 1/2 hours.  All and all we have been driving these drives since our son went to college in Pittsburgh which was 1987. Whew!


On to the main reason of this post.  I was completely off track....LOL  

This years Antipasto!




This is my attempt to do another unique antipasto which unfortunately isn't some of my best work.  It'll be fine but it was just a day my creatively was challenged and I just went with the flo. 

I started with Styrofoam balls (bought at craft store) that I covered in saran/ cling wrap.  Attached the base with double face tape and I used wooden skewers to hold them together and then placed in a nice size pretty glass dish.  Remember that your dish must fit in refrigerator to store overnight so be careful of size.



Lay out on a flat surface all the food you will be using along with a whole box of toothpicks. Colored are nice.


Lay out all your meat, cheese and olive items so they are handy for you to use.

Then on to adding your items.  I started at the top but suggest you start at the bottom.

Garnish with variegated lettuce on bottom to fill in empty spaces.


From my kitchen to yours,


No comments: