Sunday, December 18, 2016

Today's Chicken Scampi




Easy chicken scampi today! 3/26/24

I used basic ingredients as below but lemon juice and small amount of broth and breadcrumbs. Baked potato on side.



It's a cold and windy day today in Pittsburgh and hubby and I are staying put.  We've been on the go for weeks trying to get things up to date.  Doctor's appts. visit to mom's and just everyday must dos that we have to so we can sit back and relax a bit.

We went to visit Mom for two days and when we get home we are exhausted.  I'm actually quite exhausted before I go.  I try to get all the things she asks me to take with me and all the little incidentals for her that make life a little bit more pleasant and carefree.  At 93 she deserves it.  My Dad would have wanted it this way.  I miss him so very much but you all know that.

Since we were not venturing out today I did have all the ingredients for chicken scampi.  I just made it easy with really no recipe but I'll try to be a little specific for you. Enjoy!




yours,





 1 lb. chicken tenders
2+ cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T butter
dried parsley
Sprinkle of breadcrumbs (about a tablespoon)(optional)
Italian grated cheese to your taste.
8 oz. angel hair pasta cooked, drained (reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water)
Fresh lemon

In a deep skillet I melted my butter and olive oil.  Added minced garlic and started simmering on  low.  Once incorporated I added my chicken tenders, salt and pepper and a pinch or two of dried parsley.  When chicken started to brown slightly I added the broth, lemon wedges and simmered it slowly for a few minutes.  In a separate pot I brought salted water to a boil and added my 8 oz. angel hair pasta.  Cooked for several minutes, drained, reserving some pasta water just in case I needed to thin the sauce.   Incorporate pasta into sauce and Add several T grated Italian cheese and yum....Serve immediately.


Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

No comments: