Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Crockpot Green chilles and tomatoes cubed steak



We had a nice weekend which included our (hubby and my) dual class reunion back in our hometown. I was able to see people I have not seen since graduation.  It was a really nice time.

Today I had to get back to reality so thinking ahead as I usually do; yes I'm a planner. Last evening before I hit the sheets I took out two pounds of cubed steak from the freezer and placed them in my refrigerator to thaw.

Cut in strips as in photo

Note:  If you don't know what cubed steak is it is basically tenderized round steak (beef) which is sold as cubed steak.  They are usually sold in large pieces or patties.

I did not have a clue what I was going to do with them but after a little thought I realized I had a can of diced tomatoes with chile so this is when I decided this would be tonight's dinner. Simple and very tasty.  That is if you like spicy.  It was spicy.

Simply cut the cubed steak in strips.  Slice a whole onion rather thin. In a skillet(I like to brown my meat first) add some olive oil.  Place onion in first and allow it to start to simmer, add steak, salt and pepper and cook until slightly browned.  Place in your crockpot which you have set to low.  Add the 1 can of tomatoes with the chilles (juice and all) on top of the meat. Cook on low for approximately 4 to 5 hours.  It does cook faster than other type steak(round) since it has been tenderized. (pounded with a mallet to tenderize). Hope to hear you enjoyed this easy meal.

I served it over mashed potatoes....Family friendly store bought Bob Evans. xo



Crockpot friendly 


2 lb. cubed steak cut in strips 
Salt and pepper 
1 medium onion sliced 
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilles






Happy Cooking!



No comments: